Fondation Nos Petits Orphelins
Nos Petits Orphelins/Onze Kleine Weeskinderen is a public utility foundation founded in Belgium in 1994 and having its head office in Brussels (Woluwe-St-Lambert). It works in partnership with the organization Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH)), which has been providing structural assistance to orphaned, abandoned or at-risk children in Latin America and the Caribbean, by welcoming them to its homes since 1954. Nos Petits Orphelins/Onze Kleine Weeskinderen raises funds through important fundraising activities and thanks to gifts from donors and companies, through the sponsorship of children and the development of legacies. Moreover, it also offers practical help by sending Belgian volunteers to the homes.
Contexte et fonction
La Fondation NOS PETITS ORPHELINS / De Stichting Onze Kleine Weeskinderen is seeking an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Your work can change the life of so many children!
In accordance with the values, the by-laws, the procedures and the objective of the Foundation, the Director is responsible for the growth of the organization, the management of the staff, the external representation and the cooperation with international partners.
The Director guides the organization in accordance with the strategy approved by the Board and presents his annual budget and action plans to the Board. Together with his team he takes the necessary steps to realize the financial and general objectives.
The Director reports to the Board.
This position is open in prevision of the current Director's retirement.
• Manage and coach the team
• Transpose the strategy into a budget and an annual operational plan
• Ensure that the organization has the appropriate structure and resources to fulfil its strategic objectives
• Respect and implement the necessary legal and financial obligations (in terms of salaries, tax certificates, bank accounts, etc.)
• Handle the legacies and donations with the notaries
• Lead an ambitious fundraising and communication program, for current donors and sponsors and set up a prospection program with an external agency and the intern team
• Regularly report to the Board
• Collaborate with the international fundraising countries and our homes in Latin America and the Caribbean
• Have the final responsibility for the achievement of the annual budget and all activities of the Foundation (awareness actions, house mailings and prospection mailings, print communication, face-to-face recruitment, phone calls, SEPA operations, sponsorships, wills and legacies, website and social media)
• Represent the Foundation in private and public associations or institutions and be its decent ambassador everywhere
• Perfectly trilingual French-Dutch-English
• University degree, preferably in Law or Economics
• A relevant management experience in marketing, fundraising, communication, etc.
• Interest for the non-profit sector
• Defend with heart and soul the work and the goals of Nos Petits Orphelins/Onze Kleine Weeskinderen
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Strategic vision, combined with a realistic approach and focus on results
• Management skills
• Smooth functioning in a network environment
• Knowledge of the law regarding legacies or interest to learn on this matter
• Sense of responsibility, initiative and teamwork
• Stress resistant
Conditions et contrat
• Permanent position, fulltime (38 hours/week).
• Competitive wages and meal vouchers (€8/day worked)
• Work in a small and enthusiastic team
• Office located in a pleasant neighbourhood and easily accessible by public transport