Background on Handicap International
Handicap International is an international NGO working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work tirelessly alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
We currently work in 60 countries with an overall budget of 170 million EUR and employ 3,000 people. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Lyon. https://www.handicapinternational.be
Contexte et fonction
Business Development Manager
Belgium and Netherlands - Based in Brussels
To reinforce our funding base among private donors in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are currently looking for a talented business developer. The position is a key one in HI Belgium management team and reports to HI Belgium General Director.
Strategy Development and Management
• Develop and implement an ambitious private fundraising strategy in Belgium and the Netherlands
• Drive the team to deliver a first-class experience to our donors and supporters;
• Engage other colleagues in HI and work with the communication and events team to ensure that communication and events strategies meet fundraising needs
• Keep abreast of the individual giving markets, identifying trends, competitor activity and changes in regulations-including data protection
• Represent the organization at relevant external events and meetings
• Actively contribute to the HI future strategy development.
1. Direct marketing: support the fundraising manager to:
a. Improve our existing mass marketing performance in Belgium by analyzing past fundraising strategies and statistical analysis of past performance and donor segmentation
b. Actively recruit new donors with a more adapted style in Belgium
c. Move the existing database to a new CRM tool that is currently being implemented across HI network
d. Launch the development of new mass marketing initiatives in the Netherlands.
2. Online fundraising
a. Work with the fundraising officer and the digital development manager to develop an ambitious digital fundraising programme, using web, apps, mobile phones and social networks
b. Develop partnerships with the private sector that can lead to increase online giving.
3. Events: work with the events team to develop partnerships with event organizers (concerts, festivals, exhibition, weddings, parties...) that benefit HI.
4. Partnerships with the private sector: work with the corporate partnership manager to:
a. Further develop an ambitious corporate fundraising strategy
b. Develop new products around HI brand that can be sold by retailers (e.g. HI bracelets)
c. Develop innovative win-win partnerships with various industries
• University degree
• Demonstrable experience developing and implementing an ambitious marketing/business development strategy
• Excellent leadership experience, with the ability to inspire confidence and build a team through a period of exciting and ambitious change
• Strong analytical skills and capacity to synthetize large quantities of data
• Excellent donor care and relationship-building skills
• Ability to gain results as part of a multi-disciplinary team and on own initiative
• Excellent spoken and written Dutch and French
• Excellent IT skills and strong interest for innovation and digital development
• Strong financial and negotiation skills
• Strong interest in working for a humanitarian organization.
Conditions et contrat
• Permanent full time job
• You will work mainly in Brussels, but you will travel in Belgium and the Netherlands in order to meet potential corporate partnerships
• Job start to work : as soon as possible.